Click on the Track courier button after entering your Aruba Post tracking/consignment number.
Track your Courier, Order, or Shipment Online
No software installation required to track the courier. Any device connected with good internet is enough to track the shipment.
Not looking for Aruba Post? Choose from our tracking support list here.
Aruba Post tracking and Delivery Status online
To track Aruba Post shipments, packets, cargo, or parcels, Ecouriertracking.com offers an online automated tracking system. Instead of visiting a delivery location or calling a customer service center, you can check the status of your package online.
How to check the status of Aruba Post online
If you are expecting a courier from Aruba Post, you can easily check the status of your shipment at any time. One way is to go to the Aruba Post official website and monitor your courier's location online, while the other is to remain in this portal and follow the steps below.
- Get your tracking number. Your Aruba Post waybill number/reference number can be found on the Aruba Post receipt or SMS which you should have received while sending the parcel.
- Enter your Aruba Post tracking/consignment number and click on track.
- Wait 1-3 seconds for your Aruba Post shipping status to appear under the form.
Official Aruba Post Contact Information
Contact details of Aruba Post for various cities are listed below along with respective Aruba Post customer care numbers, emails, and their office addresses.
Post Aruba N.V.
Oranjestad / San Nicolas / Sta. Cruz
Phone: (+297) 528 7678
About Aruba Post Services
Aruba’s Postal Service commenced operations on August 1, 1892, as part of the “Colony Curaçao” Postal Service, with its central headquarters in Willemstad, Curaçao.
Since 1878, the Dutch Colonies, of which Aruba is a part, have been a member of the Universal Postal Union. Aruba’s postal service attained Status Aparte within the Kingdom of the Netherlands on January 1, 1986, and became an independent postal service. Aruba, together with the Netherlands Antilles, remained a member of the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
Post Aruba N.V. was privatised on September 1, 2005. Our major objective in privatisation was to become an integrated firm, not just carrying letters and parcels, but also offering a wide range of new goods and playing a vital role in all communication needs on the island. In addition, the project was undertaken to improve the efficiency of all operational procedures and to deliver new services while adhering to high international standards.
In the event that the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number do not match
The reasons could be 1 or more of the following:
- Incorrect Consignment/Reference Number Number entry.
- Invalid Consignment/Reference Number entry. The Consignment number varies between 7 to 11 digits only. Please re-check the numbers you have entered.
- For multiple queries, please separate each Consignment or reference number with a comma only e.g. 111111,2222222,3333333
- Incorrect Option Selection. You may have selected a Consignment option and entered a Reference Number, or vice versa. Please re-check your entry option.
- There is no information on the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number you have entered. Please try again later after some time.