Click on the Track courier button after entering your Parcelforce tracking/consignment number.
Track your Courier, Order, or Shipment Online
No software installation required to track the courier. Any device connected with good internet is enough to track the shipment.
Not looking for Parcelforce? Choose from our tracking support list here.
Parcelforce tracking and Delivery Status online
To track Parcelforce shipments, packets, cargo, or parcels, Ecouriertracking.com offers an online automated tracking system. Instead of visiting a delivery location or calling a customer service center, you can check the status of your package online.
How to check the status of Parcelforce online
If you are expecting a courier from Parcelforce, you can easily check the status of your shipment at any time. One way is to go to the Parcelforce official website and monitor your courier's location online, while the other is to remain in this portal and follow the steps below.
- Get your tracking number. Your Parcelforce waybill number/reference number can be found on the Parcelforce receipt or SMS which you should have received while sending the parcel.
- Enter your Parcelforce tracking/consignment number and click on track.
- Wait 1-3 seconds for your Parcelforce shipping status to appear under the form.
Official Parcelforce Contact Information
Contact details of Parcelforce for various cities are listed below along with respective Parcelforce customer care numbers, emails, and their office addresses.
You can make a phone call to our Customer Service team on 0344 800 4466 in the UK. Calls are charged at the local rate. If you are calling from an overseas destination please call your local parcel carrier.
If you can make your inquiry in 280 characters or less, contact us on Twitter and we’ll tweet back with the answer to your question. The Twitter team is available Monday to Friday, 8.00 am – 6.00 pm.
About Parcelforce Services
In the United Kingdom, Parcelforce Worldwide is a courier and logistics business. Parcelforce Worldwide is a trading name of Royal Mail, and it is part of the group’s UK Parcels, International, and Letters division. The organization uses a multinational partner network to export to destinations all over the world.
General Logistics Systems (GLS), its European delivery partner, is also a Royal Mail affiliate and delivers over one million parcels per day across 34 European countries.
Other global distribution brands such as DHL, DX Group, FedEx, and UPS compete directly with Parcelforce Worldwide.
The Royal Mail’s Parcel Post service began in 1883, though railway companies’ parcel services, later Red Star Parcels and British Road Services, were also widely used for decades. In 1986, Royal Mail was split into three divisions, and Royal Mail Parcels was renamed Parcelforce in August 1990.
In the event that the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number do not match
The reasons could be 1 or more of the following:
- Incorrect Consignment/Reference Number Number entry.
- Invalid Consignment/Reference Number entry. The Consignment number varies between 7 to 11 digits only. Please re-check the numbers you have entered.
- For multiple queries, please separate each Consignment or reference number with a comma only e.g. 111111,2222222,3333333
- Incorrect Option Selection. You may have selected a Consignment option and entered a Reference Number, or vice versa. Please re-check your entry option.
- There is no information on the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number you have entered. Please try again later after some time.