Click on the Track courier button after entering your Uzbekistan Post tracking/consignment number.
Track your Courier, Order, or Shipment Online
No software installation required to track the courier. Any device connected with good internet is enough to track the shipment.
Not looking for Uzbekistan Post? Choose from our tracking support list here.
Uzbekistan Post tracking and Delivery Status online
To track Uzbekistan Post shipments, packets, cargo, or parcels, Ecouriertracking.com offers an online automated tracking system. Instead of visiting a delivery location or calling a customer service center, you can check the status of your package online.
How to check the status of Uzbekistan Post online
If you are expecting a courier from Uzbekistan Post, you can easily check the status of your shipment at any time. One way is to go to the Uzbekistan Post official website and monitor your courier's location online, while the other is to remain in this portal and follow the steps below.
- Get your tracking number. Your Uzbekistan Post waybill number/reference number can be found on the Uzbekistan Post receipt or SMS which you should have received while sending the parcel.
- Enter your Uzbekistan Post tracking/consignment number and click on track.
- Wait 1-3 seconds for your Uzbekistan Post shipping status to appear under the form.
Official Uzbekistan Post Contact Information
Contact details of Uzbekistan Post for various cities are listed below along with respective Uzbekistan Post customer care numbers, emails, and their office addresses.
Address: RMR9+VFC, Syrdarya, Uzbekistan
Phone: (371) 233-6474
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.pochta.uz/
About Uzbekistan Post Services
Uzbekistan’s postal service is an enlarged postal network with postal routes that receive, handle, and transport postal items, state pensions, and periodicals. The country’s national postal network is organized according to the geographical principle by the Open Joint-Stock Company “Uzbekiston Pochtasi.” It has 14 regional divisions, 177 country and city centers, 2986 post offices (2296 rural), and one specialty branch – “Halkaro Pochtamt,” as well as 34 airlines, 2 railway routes, and 436 automotive routes that provide regular pochtamt transportation. 6579 delivery divisions are organized at post offices. There are 2480 people in cities and towns, and 4099 people in rural areas. For letter post collection, 5376 post boxes have been built across the served territory, with 3449 in rural areas.
The republic post’s operating net is one of its most valuable assets. Every day, over 15000 individuals labor at post offices, handling thousands of letters, telegrams, money orders, and parcels, as well as delivering newspapers, periodicals, pensions, and allowances to millions of people. Many new services are launched, including utility and telephone bill payment, property insurance, lottery distribution, e-mail service, and the Internet. Uzbekistan’s national post operator is the Open Joint-Stock Company “Uzbekiston Pochtasi.” It provides the exchange of post office items of different types with all countries of the world and fulfills the republic’s commitments to UPU.
In the event that the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number do not match
The reasons could be 1 or more of the following:
- Incorrect Consignment/Reference Number Number entry.
- Invalid Consignment/Reference Number entry. The Consignment number varies between 7 to 11 digits only. Please re-check the numbers you have entered.
- For multiple queries, please separate each Consignment or reference number with a comma only e.g. 111111,2222222,3333333
- Incorrect Option Selection. You may have selected a Consignment option and entered a Reference Number, or vice versa. Please re-check your entry option.
- There is no information on the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number you have entered. Please try again later after some time.