Click on the Track courier button after entering your Royal Mail tracking/consignment number.
Track your Courier, Order, or Shipment Online
No software installation required to track the courier. Any device connected with good internet is enough to track the shipment.
Not looking for Royal Mail? Choose from our tracking support list here.
Royal Mail tracking and Delivery Status online
To track Royal Mail shipments, packets, cargo, or parcels, Ecouriertracking.com offers an online automated tracking system. Instead of visiting a delivery location or calling a customer service center, you can check the status of your package online.
How to check the status of Royal Mail online
If you are expecting a courier from Royal Mail, you can easily check the status of your shipment at any time. One way is to go to the Royal Mail official website and monitor your courier's location online, while the other is to remain in this portal and follow the steps below.
- Get your tracking number. Your Royal Mail waybill number/reference number can be found on the Royal Mail receipt or SMS which you should have received while sending the parcel.
- Enter your Royal Mail tracking/consignment number and click on track.
- Wait 1-3 seconds for your Royal Mail shipping status to appear under the form.
Official Royal Mail Contact Information
Contact details of Royal Mail for various cities are listed below along with respective Royal Mail customer care numbers, emails, and their office addresses.
If you require any further information on Parcelforce Worldwide services or depot locations,
please call our Enquiry line on 0800 224466
Opening hours: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
About Royal Mail Services
The Royal Mail Group plc is a British international postal service and courier company that was established in 1516 as an English government agency.
Royal Mail Group Limited, a subsidiary of the corporation, operates the Royal Mail (letters) and Parcelforce Worldwide brands (parcels). Royal Mail Group’s wholly-owned subsidiary, General Logistics Systems, is a multinational logistics firm. For a brief time in the early 2000s, the band went by the name Consignia.
The business collects and delivers mail all over the United Kingdom. Letters and parcels are dropped off in post boxes or obtained in bulk from companies and sent to Royal Mail sorting offices.
The UK’s distinctive red pillar boxes, which were first launched in 1852 and many of which carry the initials of the reigning monarch, are owned and maintained by Royal Mail.
Except on Sundays and bank holidays, deliveries are made at least once a day to all UK destinations at the same price. Across the country, Royal Mail aims to make first-class deliveries the next business day.
In the event that the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number do not match
The reasons could be 1 or more of the following:
- Incorrect Consignment/Reference Number Number entry.
- Invalid Consignment/Reference Number entry. The Consignment number varies between 7 to 11 digits only. Please re-check the numbers you have entered.
- For multiple queries, please separate each Consignment or reference number with a comma only e.g. 111111,2222222,3333333
- Incorrect Option Selection. You may have selected a Consignment option and entered a Reference Number, or vice versa. Please re-check your entry option.
- There is no information on the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number you have entered. Please try again later after some time.