Click on the Track courier button after entering your New Zealand Post tracking/consignment number.
Track your Courier, Order, or Shipment Online
No software installation required to track the courier. Any device connected with good internet is enough to track the shipment.
Not looking for New Zealand Post? Choose from our tracking support list here.
New Zealand Post tracking and Delivery Status online
To track New Zealand Post shipments, packets, cargo, or parcels, Ecouriertracking.com offers an online automated tracking system. Instead of visiting a delivery location or calling a customer service center, you can check the status of your package online.
How to check the status of New Zealand Post online
If you are expecting a courier from New Zealand Post, you can easily check the status of your shipment at any time. One way is to go to the New Zealand Post official website and monitor your courier's location online, while the other is to remain in this portal and follow the steps below.
- Get your tracking number. Your New Zealand Post waybill number/reference number can be found on the New Zealand Post receipt or SMS which you should have received while sending the parcel.
- Enter your New Zealand Post tracking/consignment number and click on track.
- Wait 1-3 seconds for your New Zealand Post shipping status to appear under the form.
Official New Zealand Post Contact Information
Contact details of New Zealand Post for various cities are listed below along with respective New Zealand Post customer care numbers, emails, and their office addresses.
Within NZ: 0800 501 501
Outside NZ: +64 9 977 0102
About New Zealand Post Services
The New Zealand Post Office was a government-run organization that offered postal, banking, and telecommunications services in New Zealand. However, by the 1980s, the government had to rethink how it delivered postal services due to financial constraints. For example, the postal division lost NZ$50 million in 1987-1988. PostBank and Telecom were privatized in 1989 and 1990, respectively, leaving only New Zealand Post as a state-owned enterprise. New Zealand Post made a NZ$72 million profit in its first year of service, reversing previous years’ losses.
New Zealand Post started with 1,244 post offices, which were later renamed PostShops, of which 906 were full post offices and 338 were postal agencies. 600 post offices and bank branches were downsized or closed after government subsidies ended in February 1988. There were 297 PostShops and 705 Post Centres in March 1998. However, there are currently 2,945 more postage stamp stores than there were prior to corporatization. Our people reflect the diversity of the communities we represent, and we aspire to create a community where everyone is welcome and every viewpoint is respected.
In the event that the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number do not match
The reasons could be 1 or more of the following:
- Incorrect Consignment/Reference Number Number entry.
- Invalid Consignment/Reference Number entry. The Consignment number varies between 7 to 11 digits only. Please re-check the numbers you have entered.
- For multiple queries, please separate each Consignment or reference number with a comma only e.g. 111111,2222222,3333333
- Incorrect Option Selection. You may have selected a Consignment option and entered a Reference Number, or vice versa. Please re-check your entry option.
- There is no information on the Consignment/Reference Number/Order Number you have entered. Please try again later after some time.